Tender, tiny, tasty red potatoes slathered in a creamy dill sauce make a versatile side for all kinds of meat entrees. This never-fail recipe always brings raves to Geraldine Hagemann in Rembey, Alberta.
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- With a vegetable peeler, remove a strip of peel around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the cream, dill, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Drain potatoes; drizzle with sauce and toss gently. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Dill Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p15
Reviews for Creamed Dill Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review