We moved here about 3 years ago and we love our home in the country. We plant a garden each year, making sure there's always plenty of cucumbers. I must admit I never really cared for cukes until my mother-in-law prepared them this way. Now they're one of my favorite vegetables.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 5 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Combine cucumbers and green onions in a large bowl. Cover and let
- stand for 1 hour. Combine all remaining ingredients; pour over
- cucumber mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 179 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.