Creamed Crab Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/2 ounce) butter-flavored granules
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 2 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine flour and butter-flavored granules. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thicken and bubbly.
- 2. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce and pepper until smooth. Stir in crab and cooked egg whites; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 185 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat-free milk
Reviews for Creamed Crab
"My husband and teenager loved this recipe, Next time I will double it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.