Creamed Crab on Toast
"This is a great ready-in-a-jiffy luncheon dish or Sunday supper," notes Nina DeWitt of Aurora, Ohio. Marjoram and lemon juice in the sauce complement the flavor of the crab quite nicely.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, rinsed, drained, and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Toast or biscuits
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the soup, crab, lemon juice,
- marjoram and cayenne. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or
- until heated through, stirring once. Serve on toast or biscuits.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without toast or biscuits) equals 133 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.