"This snappy crab sauce is so delicious over steamed rice that your guests will never guess it's good for them," remarks Emily Chaney of Penobscot, Maine. "Complete the meal with green beans, a tossed salad and fruit for dessert," she recommends.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/2 ounce) butter-flavored granules
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 2 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine flour and butter-flavored granules. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thicken and bubbly.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce and pepper until smooth. Stir in crab and cooked egg whites; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Crab in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creamed Crab
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2008
"My husband and teenager loved this recipe, Next time I will double it!"