Creamed Crab Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/2 ounce) butter-flavored granules
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 2 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine flour and butter-flavored granules. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thicken and bubbly.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce and pepper until smooth. Stir in crab and cooked egg whites; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Crab in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creamed Crab
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2008
My husband and teenager loved this recipe, Next time I will double it!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >