Creamed Corn with Peas Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the corn, mushrooms and onion in butter until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the cream, salt and pepper; stir in peas and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 430 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Corn with Peas
"I multiplied and made this and for our family gathering at Easter. There wasn't any leftovers to bring home. Good stuff. I'll be making it again soon."