Creamed Corn with Peas Recipe
I created this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner last year. It's very much a comfort food. My family loved the blending of the sweetness of corn with the earthiness of wild mushrooms.
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the corn, mushrooms and onion in butter until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the cream, salt and pepper; stir in peas and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Corn with Peas in Reminisce Extra May 2010, p52
Reviews for Creamed Corn with Peas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2012
I multiplied and made this and for our family gathering at Easter. There wasn't any leftovers to bring home. Good stuff. I'll be making it again soon.