I created this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner last year. It's very much a comfort food. My family loved the blending of the sweetness of corn with the earthiness of wild mushrooms.
Featured In: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the corn, mushrooms and onion in butter until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the cream, salt and pepper; stir in peas and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Corn with Peas in Reminisce Extra May 2010, p52
Reviews for Creamed Corn with Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2012
"I multiplied and made this and for our family gathering at Easter. There wasn't any leftovers to bring home. Good stuff. I'll be making it again soon."