Creamed Chicken Recipe
"I came up with this recipe as a variation to beef Stroganoff," recalls Debra Baker of Greenville, North Carolina. "I like to serve it over toasted English muffins or egg noodles," she suggests.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- English muffins, split and toasted
- Cayenne pepper or paprika
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the soup, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream. Serve over toasted English muffins. Sprinkle with cayenne or paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 279 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC