- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- English muffins, split and toasted
- Cayenne pepper or paprika
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the soup, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream. Serve over toasted English muffins. Sprinkle with cayenne or paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p11
Reviews for Creamed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2015
"Simple and my kids ate it. I did not put a cup of water in, maybe 1/8 of a cup."
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2014
"Very easy and delicious. I served mine over cornbread, would also be great over mashed potatoes!"
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2014
"This was fast and delicious."
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"I served this over egg noodles."