Creamed Chicken Over Corn Bread
“This comforting dish was a favorite with our kids, and now our 11 grandkids request it,” says Nancy Lange, Hindsboro, Illinois. “The recipe is easily doubled or tripled for our Sunday family dinners.”
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter and bake according to package directions,
- using a 9-in. round baking pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for
- 2-3 minutes; stir in chicken and broccoli. Cook and stir for 5-7
- minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; stir in the egg yolks, sour
- cream and milk until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; cook and stir
- for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Cut warm corn bread into wedges; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle