Creamed Chicken over Biscuits Recipe
A friend of mine prepared this homey dish for my husband and me after our first son was born. I've made just a few minor modifications over the years. -Pam Kelley Uniontown, Ohio
- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 warm buttermilk biscuits
- 1. Place potato and carrot in a small saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, peas and potato mixture; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 750 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 2,430 mg sodium, 97 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 42 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC