Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
A friend of mine prepared this homey dish for my husband and me after our first son was born. I've made just a few minor modifications over the years.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 warm buttermilk biscuits
- Place potato and carrot in a small saucepan. Cover with water. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Add bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken,
- peas and potato mixture; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 750 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 2,430 mg sodium, 97 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 42 g protein.