A friend of mine prepared this homey dish for my husband and me after our first son was born. I've made just a few minor modifications over the years. -Pam Kelley Uniontown, Ohio
- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 warm buttermilk biscuits
- Place potato and carrot in a small saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, peas and potato mixture; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Chicken over Biscuits in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p29
Reviews for Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review