- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 warm buttermilk biscuits
- Place potato and carrot in a small saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, peas and potato mixture; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
Sort By :
This recipie was delicious!! I didn't put the carrots in and instead of peas I used mixed veggies and not as much chicken boullion. My family loved it!!
I love this easy, hearty recipe. It reminds me of chicken pot pie without having to fiddle with the pie crusts!
I've been making this recipe ever since it came out. I usually put the mixture into a crust for a delicious pot pie.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >