- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 warm buttermilk biscuits
- Place potato and carrot in a small saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, peas and potato mixture; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
Sort By :
"This recipie was delicious!! I didn't put the carrots in and instead of peas I used mixed veggies and not as much chicken boullion. My family loved it!!"
"I love this easy, hearty recipe. It reminds me of chicken pot pie without having to fiddle with the pie crusts!"
"I've been making this recipe ever since it came out. I usually put the mixture into a crust for a delicious pot pie."