Louise Martin of Denver, Pennsylvania writes, "This simple but tasty blend will surprise you. It uses leftover chicken and frozen green beans, so it's fast to fix for a brunch or light lunch." Our test kitchen figured this reasonably priced main dish costs just 81¢ a serving.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add the water, milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken and heat through. Serve over beans. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Chicken over Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p37
Reviews for Creamed Chicken over Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review