Creamed Chicken over Beans Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add the water, milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken and heat through. Serve over beans. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Chicken over Beans
Sort By :
I made this for my mom and dad when i visited, they loved it! I fould it a tad bland, so i might throw some white pepper in next time.
Very good and easy to make. It is especially good with green beans from the garden. Adding a little thyme and sage to the sauce really bring out the flavor!
What a fabulous dinner! Not a crumb was left. :-). I subbed Earth Balance for butter, plain rice milk for milk, and chicken base for granules. Also, I baked it in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. Thanks for sharing this recipe.