- and bones. Strain broth, discarding vegetables and peppercorns. Set
- aside 2 cups broth (save remaining broth for another use).
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add reserved broth, nutmeg, pepper and remaining salt.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir
- in the mushrooms, water chestnuts, pimientos, lemon juice and
- chicken. Return to the heat. Gradually stir in cream and heat
- through (do not boil). Spoon into pastry shells. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 471 calories, 38 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.