Creamed Chicken and Mushrooms
Dixie Merrill, Newark, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in
- the flour, parsley, salt, paprika and nutmeg until blended.
- Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Reduce heat; stir in chicken. Cook 2 minutes longer or
- until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.