- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- CREAMED CHICKEN:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk or chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add milk and oil. Stir until the dough forms a ball. On a lightly floured surface, knead 8-10 times or until smooth.
- Roll or pat dough into a 6-in. square about 1 in. thick. Cut into six rectangles. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and parsley; cook until heated through. Split biscuits; top with the creamed chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Chicken 'n' Biscuits
"Made it today, and it was delicious! I added peas, and next time I make it I will make more of the yummy cream sauce. The biscuits were easy to make and very tasty!"
"This was my first time making chicken and biscuits and it turned out great! I doubled the recipe and added peas. I also cooked my chicken breasts in my crockpot with cream of chicken soup on top and then shredded them."
"Quick easy and good!"
"big hit at my home!"
"Simple and easy to make- tastes very good. I cheated and used Pillsbury biscuits, so it was even easier."