"I came up with this recipe as a variation to beef Stroganoff," recalls Debra Baker of Greenville, North Carolina. "I like to serve it over toasted English muffins or egg noodles," she suggests.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- English muffins, split and toasted
- Cayenne pepper or paprika
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the soup, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream. Serve over toasted English muffins. Sprinkle with cayenne or paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p11
Reviews for Creamed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2014
"Very easy and delicious. I served mine over cornbread, would also be great over mashed potatoes!"
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2014
"This was fast and delicious."
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"I served this over egg noodles."