Creamed Celery and Peas Recipe
This special side dish never fails to have people returning for more. The celery and almonds provide a great crunch. It tastes impressive, but it's very simple to prepare. —Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add celery; cover and cook for 8 minutes. Add peas; return to a boil. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, rosemary, salt and garlic salt; mix well. Toss vegetables with pimientos; place in a serving bowl. Top with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 110 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Creamed Celery and Peas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC