Creamed Celery and Peas
This special side dish never fails to have people returning for more. The celery and almonds provide a great crunch. It tastes impressive, but it's very simple to prepare. —Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add celery;
- cover and cook for 8 minutes. Add peas; return to a boil. Cover and
- cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, rosemary, salt and garlic salt;
- mix well. Toss vegetables with pimientos; place in a serving bowl.
- Top with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.