Creamed Celery and Peas Recipe
This special side dish never fails to have people returning for more. The celery and almonds provide a great crunch. It tastes impressive, but it's very simple to prepare. Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add celery; cover and cook for 8 minutes. Add peas; return to a boil. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, rosemary, salt and garlic salt; mix well. Toss vegetables with pimientos; place in a serving bowl. Top with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Celery and Peas in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p31
Reviews for Creamed Celery and Peas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >