This is a Hungarian recipe from my mother. It's easy to make and flavorful.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 7 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan; add 1 in of water and 1 teaspoon
- salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-7 minutes
- or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with 2
- tablespoons bread crumbs. Add cauliflower. Pour cream over top. Dot
- with butter; sprinkle with remaining salt and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower
- is tender. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 97 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.