- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 7 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan; add 1 in of water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons bread crumbs. Add cauliflower. Pour cream over top. Dot with butter; sprinkle with remaining salt and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Cauliflower(7)
Sort By :
Quick easy and very good :o)
Easy, quick, and delicious. I'll be making this often!
The whole family liked this recipe. I used Italian bread crumbs. As a diabetic I've been looking for healthy tasty side dishes and this one is very good with only 10 grams of carbs!! I will definitely make this again.
I was happy to read,that it was from hungary,because i'm from Hungary.i also put some ground turkey(cooked,seasoned)on the bottom,and put the cauliflower on top of it,and sour cream on top!yummm
This is an excellent side-dish. I've even shared the recipe with both my mom and mother-in-law, who love it as well.