Creamed Carrots Recipe
"A true comfort food, this dish showcases tender carrot slices basking in a luscious cream sauce," shares Sue Davis from Wausau, Wisconsin.
- 3 pounds fresh carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring carrots and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots. Drizzle with cream sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC