"A true comfort food, this dish showcases tender carrot slices basking in a luscious cream sauce," shares Sue Davis from Wausau, Wisconsin.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 pounds fresh carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, bring carrots and broth to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt
- and pepper until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots. Drizzle
- with cream sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.