"A true comfort food, this dish showcases tender carrot slices basking in a luscious cream sauce," shares Sue Davis from Wausau, Wisconsin.
- 3 pounds fresh carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, bring carrots and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots. Drizzle with cream sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Carrots in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p23
Reviews for Creamed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review