Creamed Carrot Soup Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 6 cups sliced carrots (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, carrots, potatoes, salt, thyme, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Discard bay leaf. In a blender, puree carrot mixture in batches. Return to the pan. Stir in half-and-half; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 133 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 3 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Creamed Carrot Soup
"We love this creamy soup. It's easy to make and very tasty. I use whole milk and it still turns out very creamy :) Husband and kid approved!"