- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strip, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add the vinegar, water,sugar, salt and pepper; cook until bubbly. Stir in cabbage and apple; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until cabbage is tender. stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forCreamed Cabbage
"This was good and I think next time I will do what the others have said here and cook it longer."
"This was a great way to use up all of that cabbage from our CSA. Even my husband liked it, and he doesn't care for cabbage that much. Cooked it for about 1/2 hour before adding the sour cream, rather than the 5-6 minutes recommended in the recipe."
"I followed this recipe with some exceptions; I used a whole head of cabbage and 5x's the ingredients and use 1lb of bacon. I let the cabbage simmer for about 4 hrs. and I added the sour cream when I prepared a dish for myself. It is the best cabbage I have ever tasted."