- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place the first three ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm. In another small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add American and Parmesan cheeses; cook and stir until cheeses are melted. Pour over vegetables and serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Broccoli and Cauliflower in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p241
Reviews for Creamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review