This soothing side dish is so much nicer than plain beans and potatoes. Mother relied on hearty downhome recipes such as this one. Now I also cook it for my family. —Lisa Andis, Morristown, Indiana
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen beans or peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Cook beans according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain potatoes and beans; place in a serving bowl. Add sauce and stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Beans and Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p35
Reviews for Creamed Beans and Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review