Creamed Asparagus and Tomato
Sometimes I just don't have the time to prepare an authentic cream sauce for asparagus. That's when this recipe comes in handy.Phyllis Clinehens, Maplewood, Ohio
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, diced and drained
- cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender, about 10
- minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine
- mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in
- tomato and remove from the heat. Drain the asparagus and place in a
- serving dish; top with tomato mixture. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.