Cream Wafers Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 drop each red and green food coloring
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter, flour and cream. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/4-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Prick each cookie 3-4 times with a fork.
- 3. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Remove half to another bowl; tint one portion of filling with red food coloring and the other half with green. Carefully spread filling on bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 91 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.