Cream Puffs with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- In a small saucepan, bring water and 1/4 cup butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs. Fill puffs with 2-3/4 cups ice cream; replace tops. Cover tightly and freeze.
- For sauce, place the raspberries in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Strain seeds. Stir in the remaining ice cream until melted. In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate, milk and remaining butter over low heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons raspberry sauce on each dessert plate; top with filled cream puffs. Drizzle with chocolate sauce; sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Puffs with Raspberry Sauce(2)
Sort By :
For some reason I could not get a smooth ball to form after adding the flour. I started over by using another recipe for the puffs and continued by using this recipe for the remainder. When I served them they looked very pretty on the dish but were too frozen to easily cut with a fork or eat. It would be better to construct the dessert just before serving and not freeze the puffs with the ice cream in them.
Made this dessert and it was VERY easy! Everyone loved it! This was my first time making cream puffs.. and it was simple. I didn't yeild 1 1/2 dozen.. but that was due to it being my first time and me destroying a few of them first. Once I got the hang of it, it was great!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >