Cream Puffs with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water and 1/4 cup butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs. Fill puffs with 2-3/4 cups ice cream; replace tops. Cover tightly and freeze.
- 3. For sauce, place the raspberries in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Strain seeds. Stir in the remaining ice cream until melted. In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate, milk and remaining butter over low heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- 4. To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons raspberry sauce on each dessert plate; top with filled cream puffs. Drizzle with chocolate sauce; sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cream puff equals 128 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Cream Puffs with Raspberry Sauce
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.