Cream Puffs in a Cloud Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 to 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 pint fudge ripple, chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, dry and firm to the touch. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- 3. For glaze, in a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and boiling water; stir until smooth. Fill each puff with a small scoop of ice cream; replace tops. Drizzle with glaze. Place three or four puffs in each dessert dish; pipe whipped cream around puffs to resemble a cloud. Serve immediately. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 173 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.