From West Columbia, South Carolina, Saundra Busby celebrates holidays by topping store-bought miniature cream puffs with canned pie filling and melted chocolate. "These quick-to-assemble dessert call for only five ingredients," she says. "Nothing could be simpler or more elegant."
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 24 to 32 frozen cream-filled miniature cream puffs, thawed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a small saucepan, warm cherry pie filling over medium-low heat just until heated through. Place three or four cream puffs on each dessert plate.
- Place melted chocolate in a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Spoon about 1/4 cup of warm pie filling over cream puffs; drizzle with chocolate. Dust with confectioners' sugar; garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cream Puff Pyramids in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p55
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Puff Pyramids
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review