From West Columbia, South Carolina, Saundra Busby celebrates holidays by topping store-bought miniature cream puffs with canned pie filling and melted chocolate. "These quick-to-assemble dessert call for only five ingredients," she says. "Nothing could be simpler or more elegant."
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 24 to 32 frozen cream-filled miniature cream puffs, thawed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a small saucepan, warm cherry pie filling over medium-low heat just until heated through. Place three or four cream puffs on each dessert plate.
- Place melted chocolate in a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Spoon about 1/4 cup of warm pie filling over cream puffs; drizzle with chocolate. Dust with confectioners' sugar; garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cream Puff Pyramids in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p55
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Puff Pyramids
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2016
"i loved it. cherries, choclate and cream! what's not to love?"