- 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely
- on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine the sugar, flour and salt in a large heavy
- saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high
- heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2
- minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot
- filling into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to
- a gentle boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Gently stir in
- vanilla. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream. Pour into the crust. Top with
- remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Garnish with
- chocolate sauce and/or raspberries if desired. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.