Cream Puff Heart Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen strawberries, thawed and drained or 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Cover a baking sheet with foil; grease foil. Trace a 12-in. heart onto foil and set aside. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls along the outside of the heart (mounds should be almost touching). Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Lift foil and transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool.
- 3. In a saucepan, cook milk and pudding mix according to package directions. Cool. Fold in whipped cream and vanilla.
- 4. Place cream puffs on a serving plate; split puffs open; discard soft dough from inside. Fill cream puffs just before serving; top with strawberries and replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 each: 189 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Cream Puff Heart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.