- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- In a large saucepan bring the water and butter to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mix in a large bowl until smooth. Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate until serving. Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel toppings; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Puff Dessert
"This is one of my family's favorite dessert. It is requested at every Christmas and family pot luck. I always take copies of the recipe with me because it is always requested. To prevent the lumps with the cream cheese, I make sure it is really soft and I beat it with a little milk before I add the rest of the ingredients.. I have used several flavors of pudding mix but chocolate is my families favorite!!!"
"I make this with vanilla pudding. I found out if you whip the cream cheese - then add about 1/4 cup of milk to get it really soft - it blends in better with the pudding - no lumps"
"Made last night. It was great."
"I bake alot and this recipe is one of the best for summer. Easy. Sometimes I use 1 cup of whipping cream in place of 1 cup of milk, just to make it creamy and richer. I also use walnuts instead of almonds."
"An excellent recipe. I love it!"
"This recipe is awesome. It looks great & taste yummy. It always is the first dessert to go."
"Didn't like it. There's no taste to the crust, if I made it again I'd use a graham cracker crust. Guess I didn't let the cream cheese sit out long enough because it wouldn't mix. Not a lover of this recipe."
"Delicious. Everyone loves it in my family. No leftovers!"