- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake 22-26 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Spread over crust; refrigerate 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Puff Cake
Sort By :
This is a very good recipe. I have made it with different flavor custard fillings. I make my own home made fillings as I do not care for the box puddings. I made it a few weeks ago for a luncheon that I attended. I made lemon custard, used real whipped cream and served it with some fresh blueberries since they are now in season. Needless to say, the plate came home empty; Word of warning. Do not make the day before as the crust can turn a bit soggy as cream puffs often do.
Have made this for years. Cannot find my recipe so had to get on here to look it up. Family LOVES it so much my son wanted it for his birthday cake this year. We drizzle it with chocolate syrup when we serve it. This time son wants to add some fresh raspberries from the garden when we serve it. I don't think you can do anything to this to make it taste bad!
This is a great recipe instead of making individual ones. Tastes just like a cream puff. So easy make !!! Delicious !!!
i have made this recipe & shared it with many friends. My recipe calls for putting a drizzle of magic shell chocolate topping on top . Enjoy
This was good but the crust got soggy. Next time I will not put the filling in until I get ready to serve it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >