Cream Pound Cake
This was my grandmother's favorite cake to make. My mother made it a lot, too, and now I do. It can be sliced thin and topped with strawberries (or any fruit) and whipped cream for a super dessert.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 6 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes or until pale
- yellow. Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla, mixing until sugar is
- dissolved. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to batter
- alternately with cream. Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for
- 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 350 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.