- 6 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes or until pale yellow. Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla, mixing until sugar is dissolved. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to batter alternately with cream. Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Pound Cake
"I followed the recipe as stated except used less sugar. Everyone enjoyed this moist and rich cake. Thanks for sharing."
"I have been making this pound cake for years. It is a great recipe. Try it with fresh fruit & cream."