This was my grandmother's favorite cake to make. My mother made it a lot, too, and now I do. It can be sliced thin and topped with strawberries (or any fruit) and whipped cream for a super dessert.
- 6 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes or until pale yellow. Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla, mixing until sugar is dissolved. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to batter alternately with cream. Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Cream Pound Cake in Country April/May 1993, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review