Cream of Zucchini Soup Recipe
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cans (one 12 ounces, one 5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion, bouillon and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until pureed. Return all to the pan. Add milk and butter; cook and stir until better is melted. Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 168 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Cream of Zucchini Soup
"this is the best zucchini soup I've tried."
"This was okay, but I thought it needed more flavor. I froze some and I will use what I have, but I don't think I will make it again."
"I thought I would try due to our fantastic harvest this summer. This soup is excellent! It s simple to make & is similar to a cream of broccoli or over type of cream soup. It is not really thick but I'm sure you can put in less water or more zucchini to get desired thickness. I will make this again & plan to freeze some for our cold winters."