Cream of Zucchini Soup Recipe
"Zucchini is such a plentiful producer during the summer that I made several batches of this soup and freeze it for the two of us," writes Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri. "It's wonderful when cooler weather sets in."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cans (one 12 ounces, one 5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion, bouillon and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until pureed. Return all to the pan. Add milk and butter; cook and stir until better is melted. Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC