Cream of Zucchini Soup
"Zucchini is such a plentiful producer during the summer that I made several batches of this soup and freeze it for the two of us," writes Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri. "It's wonderful when cooler weather sets in."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cans (one 12 ounces, one 5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion, bouillon and
- seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until pureed. Return
- all to the pan. Add milk and butter; cook and stir until better is
- melted. Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container. May
- be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 servings.
To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.