Cream of Zucchini Soup Recipe
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cans (one 12 ounces, one 5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion, bouillon and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until pureed. Return all to the pan. Add milk and butter; cook and stir until better is melted. Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Zucchini Soup
Sort By :
"this is the best zucchini soup I've tried."
"This was okay, but I thought it needed more flavor. I froze some and I will use what I have, but I don't think I will make it again."
"I thought I would try due to our fantastic harvest this summer. This soup is excellent! It s simple to make & is similar to a cream of broccoli or over type of cream soup. It is not really thick but I'm sure you can put in less water or more zucchini to get desired thickness. I will make this again & plan to freeze some for our cold winters."