Cream of Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Fresh basil
- 1. In Dutch oven, saute the onions, carrots and celery in oil until onions are tender. Add potatoes and cauliflower; saute 5-6 minutes longer. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let stand until cool.
- 2. Puree vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor in batches. Return all to the pan. Stir in cream; heat through. (Do not boil.) Garnish with fresh basil. Yield: 11 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 773 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cream of Vegetable Soup
"This soup is delicious! My 9 year old daughter asks for it every week! Thanks for a wonderful, healthy recipe!"