The good news about Vicki Kamstra's slimmed-down soup is traveling fast. "I belong to an RV club and have passed on this recipe to 30 other women," she says from Spokane, Washington.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Fresh basil
- In Dutch oven, saute the onions, carrots and celery in oil until onions are tender. Add potatoes and cauliflower; saute 5-6 minutes longer. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let stand until cool.
- Puree vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor in batches. Return all to the pan. Stir in cream; heat through. (Do not boil.) Garnish with fresh basil. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Cream of Vegetable Soup in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p17
Reviews forCream of Vegetable Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review