- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a soup kettle, combine 3 cups broth, mushrooms, onions, carrots, rice and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-55 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and the remaining broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add to rice mixture. Add turkey and Worcestershire sauce; heat through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 9 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Wild Rice Turkey Soup in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p53
Reviews for Cream of Turkey with Wild Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review