Cream of Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
“This is a great, satisfying soup, perfect for a chilly night. This also makes the best of leftover turkey!" Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho.
- 1 cup chopped fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the turkey, water, potatoes, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in 2 cups milk. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 357 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 901 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC