Cream of Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
"My daughter Sophia made up this delicious soup recipe. The whole family loves it and we have friends that request it regularly." Julie Smithe, Comfort, Texas
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a food processor, combine 1 cup tomato sauce, tomatoes and basil. Cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large saucepan; add butter and remaining tomato sauce.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 260 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cream of Tomato Basil Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC