Cream of Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
"My daughter Sophia made up this delicious soup recipe. The whole family loves it and we have friends that request it regularly." Julie Smithe, Comfort, Texas
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup tomato sauce, tomatoes and basil. Cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large saucepan; add butter and remaining tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Basil Soup in Taste of Home
Reviews for Cream of Tomato Basil Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2013
This soup is awesome! You will never eat canned tomato soup again once you taste this. I made a lot of it and froze it since we had an abundance of fresh tomatoes from our garden. My son asks for it regularly.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >